NEW- THE FLEECING OF THE TAXPAYER- HODGSON RUSS LEGAL BILL

*****NEW****Click on link below to be directed to the Hodgson Russ Legal Bills Jan- May 2016- THE FLEECING OF THE TAXPAYER.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03Rg-d-K8EZYVRLTUxxVmpUNzA/view?usp=sharing


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Grade Fraud Part Deux

Last night I received an influx of comments about my "Grade Fraud" posting.  To me, one fact is simple: the superintendent admits that the grade changes might have impacted the top ten.  I don't purport to know how many of the top ten students were in that class, however it cannot be fair to those not in the top ten.  I'm not simply talking about number 11, 12, or 13 but also any kid who struggled.  As a retired teacher I knew many students who worked really hard and passed a class for four quarters, only to fail the Regent's exam.  I've also had students fail all four quarters and get at 90 on the final (if New York State has anything right, it's that you are assessed not only on your effort, but your ability as well).  I can't imagine how many of those students would have loved for a principal to step in and change their grade.  I also can't imagine how I would have felt if the principal changed their grades.  I gave grades based on the assessment of the student.  Sometimes that assessment necessitated giving a student a point or two to pass a class.  As the teacher I spent the whole year with the student and I was in a position to assess whether or not a student needed the points.  I was not an administrator who simply matched the same grade a student earned first quarter.  Remember, these grade changes affected others.  Never in all my years did I change a grade that negatively impacted others.

* Please read the Buffalo News editorial about an Orchard Park teacher [click here for editorial].

8 comments:

I Smell Phony said...

If you're a "retired teacher" Concerned Hamburger how is it that you know there is "Grade Fraud" or what was going on in the classroom or just at Hamburg in General? Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

Uhhh.....did you not watch the video?

Maybe you should read closer said...

Whoever left that comment clearly did not read the post as the author neither indicates knowing about what happened in that classroom nor claims to know anything more than what was presented in the viedo.

Living in LALA Land said...

Concerned Hamburger,

Clearly people are concerned that you are exposing too much of the districts dirty laundry. May I suggest you change your tune, and write only about the Hamburg turf, the lights on the turf, the proposed entertainment/concert hall, and the veggie garden at the middle school. It seems that the members of the community only want to see the window dressing. Please leave the rest under the carpet where they have been sweeping issues for years. Leave happy Hamburg alone...go beat up on Obama or Chris Collins. Thank You and Merry Christmas

kids in class of 2004 said...

There is a man/woman in the mirror and it is the person you look at everyday, the person you live with and the person who never leaves you....it is yourself. The man/woman in the mirror will speak the truth. Too bad Hamburg kids are not require to take an ethics course. Some schools do this, and it seems it may be a good idea for some of our kids so they can get a firm grip on how reality takes care of cheaters. I just returned home from iraq happy to be alive. I read kids take what wasnt earn and I wonder where public education has gone to to let this happen. I will keep my 81.4 overall average any day as I earned it, or should I make a stink to role it to an 82. The few, the proud, the guy who did the best he could. I love ya HHS, please clean up this bad business.

failed scholar said...

whoa...i didnt do any work, failed english, and didnt graduate. if i knew, i would have signed up for ap class and got good grades for not doing work. who knew?

Anonymous said...

I sure hope someone goes after the school if the grade fraud really did occur. I have a child in the district who could very well be in the top ten legimately! If someone is tampering with their grades I would most certainly have a lot to say about that. If you check the records their are currently 72 students who made the National Honor Society....are you going to change their grades too so they don't have a chance at making the top ten because they don't know somebody. Also check the names on that list...one is the principals daughter!

boston valley mom and dad said...

Maybe new school board members will take seriously the shocking news that the principle at the high school made up grades last year, and then transferred and fired teachers over it. My son graduated in 2010 and had the transferred teacher and the fired teacher, and loved both of them and to this day still applies what he learned in economics and american government.He recently ran into one of them and talked about it all night. He watches the news with us everynight, and didnt until his government class last year He had thought of running for the board just so he could get the board to fire the principle, but he decided to focus on school work instead. His friends come hear to our house all the time, and none of them were anything more than c students, and they say how the made up grades for the advanced kids ruined the graduation class of 2010. fire the principal..if he would make up grades he would do anything illegal or unethical. I never liked the man, there is something very dumb about him. Gary, Tom, Sally and Holly who ever wins please can the principal...if you only knew what he allows to happen in the school.