- Post all minutes online. Not board briefings, actual minutes that accurately reflect the meeting
- Post all contact information online
- Hold the budget hearing before the Board votes on the budget
- Post the budget [click here to access 2010-2011 budget] on the School Board section of the website
- post what is actually spent, not just what was budgeted.*
- post all budget lines
- Convene the meeting in public and then move to executive session
- explain to the public why the Board is moving to executive session
I don't believe I'm asking for much. I simply want our District to be accountable to the public and stop all the secrecy!
*A reader drew my attention to the fact that Hamburg's online budget does not record what is actually spent for the previous year and that the District is over-budgeting teacher salaries and under-budgeting administrative salaries. Interesting....I will have to validate this information.