- HOLY CRUMBLING BUILDINGS. WOW, I WAS BLOWN AWAY BY THE FIGURE $47.6 MILLION ($17.2 MILLION OF THAT TOTAL IS CONSIDERED HIGH PRIORITY REPAIR/CODE ISSUES). Ummm.....were we just ignoring building safety for years while putting in a turf field with lights and considering building a performing arts center?
- Now that the RSB know the horrible disrepair of the buildings, how will they decide what to fix and when? How long before one of these crumbling buildings injures someone and the District faces a bankrupting lawsuit?
- Interesting that the two nominations to the BOCES board did not make the deceptive Board Briefing?
- Administrator cuts and administrative salaries were not addressed
- Bye bye to 10 HHS teachers, 8 elementary teachers and 6 middle school teachers
- Yet to be determined how the cuts will impact class sizes (possibly 24 students to a class) and programs. Hopefully, they won't just scrap an entire program like last year when the RSB decided to cut the Gifted and Talented program only to leave an entire group of special needs students without services. Does the RSB even want input from anyone besides the administration? Inform the public and let them comment before the program cuts are set in stone.
- Achramo and the RSB cannot be bothered with public comments about program cuts, yet they waste the public's time with fluff presentations to the RSB from the various schools.
- Did anyone notice when Achramo asked if anyone on the RSB wanted to comment on the prospective cuts it was noted that they would just discuss it at the work session? Not surprised that program cuts are yet another issue the RSB wants to discuss in private. When is the RSB going to let the public in on the "real" meetings where the decisions are made?
- How are the support staff going to be impacted?
- Why does the District need to carry over a fund balance? A teacher asked the question and Achramo just talked in circles. Last year, the District had a fiscal crisis and cut 12.7 FTE only to have a $4.2 million fund balance in July? If the RSB and Crawford misled the public last year, how can the public be sure they aren't being duped again? Are we going to have to wait months into the next school year to actually know how much money the District possesses?
- Taxes are increasing. What a surprise. Does Achramo read the paper? He doesn't even know how much other districts are increasing taxes. It is sad when those in attendance seem to have more knowledge than the Superintendent.
- The meeting last night was very well attended. If nothing else, it is a victory for Democracy loving Americans, such as myself.
- WHY DOESN'T THE RSB ANSWER QUESTIONS? It is utterly infuriating that decisions are being made and not one RSB member has the courtesy to give the public a respectable answer.
NEW- THE FLEECING OF THE TAXPAYER- HODGSON RUSS LEGAL BILL
*****NEW****Click on link below to be directed to the Hodgson Russ Legal Bills Jan- May 2016- THE FLEECING OF THE TAXPAYER.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03Rg-d-K8EZYVRLTUxxVmpUNzA/view?usp=sharing
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Well, March entered with a.......continuation of business as usual. With a cafeteria packed with teachers, parents, students, administrators the RSB continued to conduct their business in secret. It is of the opinion of this blogger (again for Harris Beach) that it is beginning to appear more and more that the District's business is conducted out of the public eye, in executive and work sessions.