Please vote in the poll on the left hand side of your screen.*
*Should Dr. Joan "Dolittle" Calkins run for a second term on the Hamburg Board of Education?
Before you vote, please ask yourself just a few simple questions:
- Are the children of Hamburg in a better educational place than they were 3 years ago, when Dr. Dolittle started her term on the Board? [Graduation Rates]; [Rankings Commentary]
- How many teachers, staff and programs have been eliminated under the watch of Dr. Calkins?
- Are you pleased that the Hamburg Central Schools Health Department has been decimated under the Calkins' Board of Education? [Life Skills]
- Do you know that at the end of the 2011-12 school year, Hamburg Schools under watch of Dr. Calkins' will have shaved 5 science teachers from the ranks?
- Does Dr. Calkins' know that the future of Western New York is in health and sciences?
- Does Dr. Calkins' realize that under her watch Hamburg has cut health and science at the very same time that the State of New York has allocated $1 billion to WNY for health and science investment? Hamburg students will be left out of this regional economic opportunity, because Hamburg will not have the teachers to prepare the students for careers in health and science.
- Do you think the Hamburg taxpayers should spend money on expensive Energy Consultants? [Energy Education]; [Energy Education or NYSERDA]
- Are you pleased with the process that was used to chose the Superintendent?
- Are you pleased with the performance of your Superintendent? [Concerned's 14 Points]
- What has Dr. Calkins done to reign in exceedingly high administrative salaries? [Administrative Salaries]
- What has Dr. Calkins done to address the drug problem? [Wake up Hamburg High School]; [Lakeshore takes the Drug Problem Seriously]; [Iroquois Takes Action]
- Did you know that Dr. Calkins' slipped into the District the use of her sister Lucy Calkins' Writers Workshop without any discussion on the Board of Education nor any preview of other writing programs?
- How much has the District spent in legal bills, because the Board of Education under Dr. Calkins' watch did not follow Federal and State laws? Despite the violations of Open Meeting Laws, Dr. Calkins' written statement defending the District's illegal practices is still featured on the District's webpage. Dr. Dolittle knew the District violated Open Meetings Laws yet was too arrogant to acknowledge the intentional errors. [Not so Far Away]
- Is this the kind of character Hamburg Schools desires in a Board Member?
- How much bad PR has Hamburg been exposed to under the watch of Dr. Calkins?
- Is Dr. Calkins doing what is in the best interest of your children, your community and your property value? Remember, Dr. Crawford ran out of Hamburg under the watch of Dr. Joan Calkins.
- Is Hamburg all it can be under the Calkins' Board of Education?
Just a few things to chew on before you cast your vote in this poll.