Concerned recently addressed the attendance of School Board member Matthew Dils at Board of Education meetings. A member of the community filed a 306 petition with the New York State Department of Education requesting the Commissioner remove Mr. Dils because he fails to attend School Board meetings. In a letter dated May 2,2012, Hamburg school attorney Tracie Lopardi, Harris Beach,sent a letter to NYSED thanking the Commissioner for extending the due date of District's answer to NYSED. The District's answer to NYSED is due May 18, 2012, today.
A few questions must be raised,
1. Why has Mr. Dils missed approximately 50% of 2011-12 school board meetings?
2. Why is Harris Beach, who represents the District, sending letters to NYSED to respond for Mr. Dils? Mr. Dils was not acting in official capacity by being absent from meetings. Surely, the District and the lawyers understand that Mr. Dils has no more status than any other district resident when he is not in attendance at a properly convened Board of Education meeting. Concerned is concerned that Mr. Dils is getting legal representation paid for by the taxpayer for sitting home on the couch.
3. Did the Superintendent authorize the use of District funds by directing Mrs. Lopardi to act on Mr.Dils' behalf prior to the Board of Education voting on this matter? The facts reveal this is true. Mrs. Lopardi's letter of May 2, 2012 is before the May 8th Board of Education meeting. What made the Superintendent so sure the Board would approve scarce District funds be used for this matter?
4. Why does the Board fail to see that Mr.Dils should not be rewarded with legal representation for being absent almost 50% of the time?
5. Why hasn't there been a re-vote on this matter because Mr. Dils should never have voted on an issue concerning himself. Perhaps, if he came to meetings he might know the rules.
Programs for kids are being cut. Yet, most of the Board of Education voted to send more money to the lawyers.
Shame on you Board of Education (except Holly Balaya who voted against the motion)
Concerned opines that the Superintendent has exhibited unbridled nerve in authorizing this spending before Board approval.
It is time for Mr. Dils to step down and sit down.
Our taxpayer dollars should be going to our students not toward lawyers and cover ups.
NEW- THE FLEECING OF THE TAXPAYER- HODGSON RUSS LEGAL BILL
*****NEW****Click on link below to be directed to the Hodgson Russ Legal Bills Jan- May 2016- THE FLEECING OF THE TAXPAYER.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03Rg-d-K8EZYVRLTUxxVmpUNzA/view?usp=sharing