The Hamburg Board of Education has scheduled an emergency meeting on June 20, 2013. They plan to head into secret session at 6 p.m.- no reasons provided on the district web page, no agenda provided on the district web page. Hmm, wonder what is being hidden? A few agenda items rumored to be addressed in the final days of Cry Baby-Dils, Speechless Diane Reynolds and Do-little for anyone else Calkins are as follows:
1. Jamming Lucy Calkins- Joan's sister- writing program down the throats of teachers and children- all in the name of balanced literacy. Balance for whom? One might ask this question if questions are permitted.
2. Passing 3 days of summer curriculum work for 88 elementary teachers on the jammed through Calkins' writing program. Whoa- that's gotta be at least $50K for three days. *
3. Bringing in West Seneca teacher Jeanne Tribuzzi to train the teachers on Joan Calkins's sister's writing program to the tune of about $20,000.
4. Sneaking through large raises before July 1, and a new Board of Education. Who will get these raises? Well, we are told the raises are for administrators- and the raises are rumored to be astronomical.
How shocking it is that miraculously money has appeared in the bank account to raise administrative salaries, but the teachers and staff took a 1/2 step pay cut in 12-13. How bizarre? Teachers you would be wise to fire any union official that ever sells you that snake oil.
5. Many are speculating that Achramovitch might tender his resignation on Thursday. But, before he goes off to NYS Retirement-land, some wise Board Member might ask him about the retirement waiver that has been pending at NYSED since 2010 when he arrived in Hamburg from Greece.
NEW- THE FLEECING OF THE TAXPAYER- HODGSON RUSS LEGAL BILL
*****NEW****Click on link below to be directed to the Hodgson Russ Legal Bills Jan- May 2016- THE FLEECING OF THE TAXPAYER.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03Rg-d-K8EZYVRLTUxxVmpUNzA/view?usp=sharing