YEAR 2011 2012 2013 2014
M. Gallagher, Principal 132,466 132,466 135,095 137,777
Jackie Peffer, Principal 127,462 129,462 131,992 134,572
Leslie Bennet, Principal 106,184 106,189 108,308 110,000
Jennifer Giallela, Princip 97,854 97,854 99,811 102,807
James Martinez, Principal 92,477 93,631 97,502 99,692
Colleen Kaney, Admin 97,018 97,018 100,795 122,000
Barbara Sporaz, Admin 85,500 113,800 116,076 125,000
Brent Jordan, Admin 88,967 101,467 111,496 110,000
Kevin Strong, Mystery Man 93,072 92,155 93,475 95,285
Since 2011, Barbara Sporaz reaped a 46% raise*, Colleen Kaney has seen an increase of 26%, and Brent Jordan a mere 24% increase in compensation. Days before Richard Jetter was outed for a Cinco de Mayo day drinking disaster with Hamburg Middle School Principal thus revealing his nut-job, sinister and delusional real-self, he banged up the salaries and bennies of Kaney, Sporaz, Jordan and Simonick ( see: Curious Case). In addition to the outrageous salaries, the benefits alone are fit for a King, or Queen, as it were.
Kaney, Sporaz and Jordan essentially share the same benefits package. All three administrators were offered tenure days before the Jetter bombshell went off. Mr. Jordan was granted tenure before spending even a single year in the position he holds as keeper and massage therapist of the district data. It seems like Jetter gave his co-workers quite a boost in the days before he turned himself in to the police.
- 20 sick days per year shall be accumulated to a total of 240 days. ( Part-time, retired, Simonick gets merely 230.)
- The BOARD OF EDUCATION can extend the sick leave because of extraordinary circumstances. What is extraordinary? In some circles adult acne is considered extraordinary.
- Accummulated sick leave of up to 240 days will be paid at $130.00 to fund a health insurance premium fund upon retirement. If the employee dies, this benefit goes to the spouse.
- 20 of the sick days can be used if someone in the family gets sick. (Part-time, retired, Simonick gets merely 12)
- 7 Bereavement days ( Same as part-time retired Simonick)
- 4 Personal days credited to sick leave if unused. (Same as part-time, retired, Simonick)
- Upon completion of the agreement, the unused vacation days can be cashed in at her daily rate of pay.
- Kaney, Sporaz and Jordan are offered district health insurance benefits and pay 15 % of the premium.
- (Check out the deal part-time retired Simonick enjoys: Participation in the health care program, which the District pays in its entirety. That's right folks, Buffalo teachers aren't the one only ones in the County getting this deal. In Hamburg, a retiree collecting a state pension is getting 100% healthcare benefits paid by the taxpayers. "The District will pay the premium cost of the Human Resource Office Managers's health insurance premiums". )
- Kaney, Sporaz and Jordan get a fat $1800.00 health maintenance account credit. That means if there is some medical expense, for example band-aids, that are not covered by insurance they can use a tax free gift of $1800.00 to pay for the bandages. Out of pocket medical expenses are covered with this gift.
- Kaney, Sporaz and Jordan enjoy 28 vacations days per year, with the option to carry over 5 days per year. So folks, the claim that these folks work 12 months a year is a fallacy. In addition to all national holidays these folks can take off over one month. And if they don't use the available vacation days, they can......
- Cash in 6 vacation days per year at their per diem rate, which is 1/240 of the yearly salary.
- So, for example, if we take Miss Kaney's $122,000 salary and divided it by 240, we get $508.34 as a daily rate of pay. So, lets say Miss Kaney would like to go shopping at the mall, she might turn in 6 of her unused vacation days and fill her pockets with $3050.00. Imagine what $3050.00 could do for a classroom?
- Unused sick days are cashed out at the per diem rate up to 50 days.
This information was taken directly from the contracts of Kaney, Sporaz, Jetter and Simonick which are available on the Hamburg District webpage.